What People Say About Consult
"Consult add value in a way which I believe is unique in the recruitment supplier market place."
Sarah Miles, HR Director Operations, PepsiCo UK
"Just a very quick note to say thank you for doing what you said you would, when you said you would."
Interim Head of L&D - 9-12 months
Salary: Up to £75,000
Job Type: contract
Application Period : 23/07/2012 - 23/08/2012
Reference Number: MTEC5396
Our client is a prestigious organisation who carry out ground breaking work through world-class research.
They have recently refreshed and launched a new framework to help invigorate their brand, and with their current Head of L&D going on maternity leave, they need a great thought leader to step into the role, to help further establish their sizable culture change programme.
With a team of 7, as interim Head of L&D you will provide leadership and guidance, helping L&D on its journey in broadening its perspective. You will be able to bring fresh ideas and best practice to the table and be well networked.
• Lead the development/reshaping of the leadership development framework to facilitate the growth and potential realisation of senior management and executive talent
• Provide an OD orientation to ensure that individual and team learning and development is an integral part of enhancing and embedding organisational change
• Evolve the talent and development framework to influence the directors to facilitate the flow of talent across the organisation
• Develop approaches and solutions to enable employees in the organisation to acquire skills and capabilities for the future
• Demonstrate initiative and creativity in applying the latest thinking on learning and development
• Design and implement creative ways for embodying the refreshed internal brand and beliefs framework into the employee development initiatives and performance review processes
• Partner with the Head of Design and Development to ensure joint alignment to the overall direction of the organisation.
Candidates from all backgrounds are welcome to apply to this role, but what is imperative is that you have the experience and ability to drive through culture in an environment where costs are constrained and are able to demonstrate critical thinking. There may be longer term opportunities for candidates with additional strength in OD.
Other key candidate criteria include:
• Graduate in related discipline e.g. Occupational Psychology.
• Leadership and Talent development experience in a matrixed and complex environment.
• Passionate about talent and development.
• Strategic thinking and commerciality.
• Senior relationship management /consultation experience and credibility to create positive impact at the most senior levels
• Conceptual thinking to develop talent and learning frameworks.
• Managerial skills to plan and deliver to deadlines and budget.
• Flexibility and pragmatism
• Emotional resilience
An immediate start is desirable.
To apply, please e-mail your CV and covering letter to our recruitment partners, Michelle Turner, Director and Emma Crichton, Consult HR by clicking the "Apply Now" button below.